EFFECTIVE DATE: February 1st, 2019
dtx respects your privacy and recognizes your need for appropriate protection and management of the personal information you share with us. We obtain and use your data collected through your use of our Site and Services consistent with the following principles to ensure your personal data in a way that is ethical and privacy-conscious.
1. What Information We Collect
The information we gather enables us to personalize, improve and continue to operate our Site and the Services. In connection with certain aspects of the Services, we may request, collect and/or display some of your personal information. We collect the following types of information from our users.
Information You Provide to Us:
When you contact us through the Site, we may request you provide your name, email address, phone number and address so we understand more about you and can communicate with you about the information you have requested.
IP Address Information and Other Information Collected Automatically:
dtx automatically receives and records information from your web browser when you interact with the Site, including your IP address and cookie information. This information may be used for service functionality, to help us understand how you access a website, to fight spam/malware, to facilitate collection of data concerning your interaction with the Services or the Site and for other similar purposes.
Metrics and Performance Statistics:
dtx may collect and track metrics and performance statistics relating to use of the Services and the Site, and dtx may use these metrics and statistics to generate analytics. This information may include, but is not limited to: (i) the IP address and physical location of the devices accessing the URLs provided through the Services; (ii) the referring websites or services; (iii) the time and date of each access and the amount of time spent on certain sections of the Site. These metrics and analytics may be used by dtx and its partners to improve their websites and services and to conduct market research.
We also use third-party services such as Google Analytics in order to track your activity on our website. The information we collect through these third-party services includes your IP address, your device type and operating system, your Internet browser, your location, the pages on our website you have visited, the actions you’ve performed on these pages. We use such information to better understand your needs and improve our platform accordingly, and also to send you marketing messages that are relevant and match your interests. You can prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics on websites by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on here.
2. How We Collect and Use Information About You
We collect personal information, such as email address/usernames, only when you choose to provide it to us. If you do not wish for your personal information to be used or collected, please do not submit it to us. However, if you choose not to provide the information we request, you may be unable to use certain content on our Site.
As discussed above, our web servers may automatically collect non-personally identifiable information, including the web page from which a visitor enters our Site, which pages a visitor visits on our Site, and on some Site, how much time a visitor spends on each page. We aggregate this information and use it to evaluate and improve our Site and Services and use the information for market research purposes, including for our third party sponsors/partners.
Our primary goals in collecting information from and about you are to:
· provide you with the all features and functions of the Site and the Services;
· provide you with superior service and with information targeted to your interests;
· provide you with a smooth, efficient, and personalized experience while using our Site and/or Services.
We may also use non-personally identifiable information on an aggregated and anonymous basis to analyze your behavior and to help us understand how you use our Site and Services and to measure interest in the various pages. We may use this information to gather statistical information, improve the content of our Site, to make our Site easier to use, to provide information and statistics to our sponsors/partners, and to customize our advertising.
We may also use information relating to use of the Site and the Services on an anonymous and aggregate basis for research purposes, for marketing and promotional purposes, and to develop new products or service. When your information is used for such purposes it will be used anonymously and will not be tied to your personally identifiable information.
We may use personal information to communicate with you about the Site or the Services, to provide you with marketing and promotional information that we believe may be of interest to you, and for customer service purposes. However, we will not provide your personal contact information to third parties for direct marketing purposes without first obtaining your explicit consent.
3. How We Protect Your Information
We use reasonable technological and physical safeguards to protect your personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. We urge you to keep any password for use of the Services and/or Site in a safe place and not to divulge it to anyone. Also remember to sign off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit to the Site or your use of the Services.
4. Sharing Your Data
We may share your information with third parties as follows:
· With Service Providers: We may use other companies to perform services including, without limitation, facilitating some aspects of our Site or Services such as sending emails, and fulfilling customer service requests. These other companies may be supplied with or have access to your information solely for the purpose of providing these services to you on our behalf.
· With Business Partners: We may share information with the businesses with which we partner to offer you certain products, services, and promotions. Your information will only be provided to our partners on an anonymous and aggregate basis unless we obtain your explicit consent to share your personal information.
· Legal Proceedings: In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or other request from a law enforcement or government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law;
· Compliance: When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our Site’ terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
· Corporate Transaction: Such as the sale of all or a portion of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the event of bankruptcy. We will endeavor to contact you in the event of any of these transactions, but we do not promise to do so.
We do not share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes without first obtaining your explicit consent to do so.
5. How to Correct or Remove Personal Information
If you do not want your personal information collected or stored, please do not submit it to us. If you have already submitted personal information and would like us to correct or remove your information from our records, please contact email@example.com.
6. Marketing Messages Opt-Out
If you would like to opt out of receiving promotional emails from dtx, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also opt out of receiving emails and other messages from dtx by following the instructions in those messages. Please note that if you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional messages, such as communications regarding Services you have requested
7. Special Notice for California Residents
If you reside in California and you have provided us with personal information, you may request information about our disclosures of certain categories of your personal information (if any) to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us at email@example.com. Within thirty days of receiving such a request, we will provide a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties (if any) for third-party direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the names and addresses of these third parties. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. We reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the email address specified in this paragraph.
8. Use of Site by Children
The Site is not directed at and should not be used by children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected the personal data of a child under the age of 13, we will take reasonable steps to delete the personal data.
9. Links to Third Party Sites
10. VISITING OUR SITE FROM OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
If you are visiting our Site from outside the United States, please be aware that your information will typically be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where our servers are located and our central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. Please be assured that we seek to take reasonable steps to ensure that your privacy is protected. By using our services, you understand that your information may be transferred to our facilities and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy.
11. Updates and Changes to this Policy
To improve the services it can offer you, dtx may opt to expand its capabilities for obtaining information about users in the future. dtx will update this privacy statement continually to ensure that you are aware of developments in this area. We will post those changes here so that you will always know what information we collect online on through ours Site and Services, how we use it, and what choices you have. Please be sure to check this page before proceeding to use our Site or using the Services.
12. Questions or Feedback